NCACES Call for Elected Positions for 2018-2019
Please consider running for an elected office in NCACES! Below are the descriptions of offices which are elected. The process for elections is the following: You may choose either number 1, OR number 2. You DO NOT NEED TO DO BOTH
1. Potential candidates should utilize the a) attached signature form HERE and obtain the signatures while at the ACES conference and turn in the completed form with a statement of intent b) a statement of intent to run for the chosen office including two paragraphs that will appear on the web-based ballot form that describes the candidate’s qualifications for the office and/or pertinent skills and attributes that the candidate possess relevant to that office Both the signature form and the statement of intent should be given to, Dr. Julie Robinson, or Dr Susannah Wood at the conference NO LATER Than 12 NOON on Sunday, October 8, 2017.
2. Potential candidates for the regional ballot should send the following to Dr. Julie Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org): a) a statement of intent to run for the chosen office including two paragraphs that will appear on the web-based ballot form that describes the candidate’s qualifications for the office and/or pertinent skills and attributes that the candidate possess relevant to that office; b) an attached WORD document that contains copies of at least 10 NCACES members emails copy and pasted into the WORD document. A template of the petition form is located HERE. The email should contain first and last names of supporting NCACES members, their ACA membership number, and a sentence stating that they support you (your name) as a candidate for -----position. Statements and attached WORD documents with emails are due no later than Sunday October 22 at 5:00 p.m. Central time.
3. Voting members will receive a link to an online ballot on Friday October 27. Voting members are required to report their NCACES membership number (which is their ACA membership number) in order to cast their vote.
4. The online ballot will close Friday November 3rd by 5:00 p.m. Central time.
5. Officers will be confirmed no later than the second week of November 2017.
PRESIDENT (President-Elect 2018-2019, President 2019-2020, Past-President 2020-2021)
President-elect roles and responsibilities:
1. serves as the Conference Program Coordinator should a regional conference be held during his or her president elect year. The Conference Program Coordinator is responsible for the following: (a) call for proposals, (b) coordinating the review of proposals, (c) notification of decisions for proposals, (d) creation of a conference program, (e) site visits, (f) appointing and coordinating with the conference committee.
2. acts as President at all Association or Governing Council meetings in the absence of the President
3. serves as Chair of the Budget and Finance Committee and Chair the Research Grant Awards Committee
4. coordinates search for Graduate Student Representative
5. succeeds to the presidency at the expiration of his/ her term as President Elect
6. provide written and oral reports to General Assembly, ACES President and Governing Council
7. participates in NCACES Executive Committee meetings, NCACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or NCACES Conference each fall and at the ACA Convention each spring)
8. represents NCACES as nonvoting member in ACES Governing Council Meetings (typically held June before term start, at ACES biennial convention in the fall, and each spring in conjunction with the ACA Convention)
President roles and responsibilities:
1. serves as chief executive officer of NCACES
2. chairs NCACES Governing Council and the Executive Committee
3. appoints the treasurer, chairs and members of all committees
4. oversees reports of NCACES officers and Committee Chairs and holds ex-officio membership on all committees
5. reports annually to NCACES with regard to actions of the Governing Council and other items of concern to the members
6. provides written reports to the ACES President and Governing Council including final officer report of activities and recommendations
7. serves as the Conference Coordinator, in consultation with ACES Conference Coordinator, should a regional conference be held during his or her presidential year
8. communicates with NCACES membership on ongoing basis
9. participates and chairs NCACES Executive Committee meetings, NCACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or NCACES Conferences each fall and at the ACA Convention each spring)
10. represents NCACES as voting member in ACES Governing Council Meetings (typically held June before term start, at ACES biennial convention in the fall, and each spring in conjunction with the ACA Convention)
11. if president during a conference year participates in: conference planning, site visits, chairs conference committee, co-chair site logistics
Immediate past-president roles and responsibilities:
1. serves as Chair of the Nominations and Elections Committee
2. serves on the Governing Council and the Executive Committee of the Association
3. is responsible for a newsletter and/or professional development material in conjunction with the professional development committee
4. hairs Bylaws and Resolutions Committee
5. chairs Emerging Leaders Committee (if conference year)
6. participates in ongoing Executive Committee meetings
7. participates in NCACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or NCACES Conference each fall and during ACA Convention each spring)
8. updates Operations Manual at the end of term
Roles and responsibilities:
1. keep minutes of all Executive Committee and General Assembly members
2. sends meeting minutes to the website coordinator for upload to website and archives minutes on both freedcamp.com site and dropbox.com NCACES folder.
3. monitor and update contact information for State ACES Presidents
4. Collects and documents motions approved at Executive Committee meetings both live and online
5. provides written and oral secretary reports at live regional Business meetings and General Assembly meetings
6. collects and collates committee annual plans and yearly reports for submission to the Executive Committee
7. participates in ongoing Executive Committee meetings
8. participates in NCACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or NCACES Conference each fall and during ACA Convention (each spring, as possible)
Member At Large
Roles and responsibilities:
1. chairs of the Awards Committee
2. coordinates the invitation for, review of, and selection of the recipients for all non-research awards
3. prepares of announcements calling for nominations
4. present slate of award recipients to Executive Committee for approval
5. notify nominees regarding award status
6. develops annual awards program, including writing script and ordering plaques
7. monitors rewards criteria
8. reports to the Governing Council and business meeting with respect to new awards, amended criteria, and elimination of various awards